Hello Guest

Author Topic: Recon  (Read 1686 times)

Offline ellistar

• View Profile
Recon
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »
Good afternoon,

I just implement recon in my system for monitoring, but I have some problems ..
I want to monitor some Linux filesystems , but when creating a task, I can only add Windows disk modules.

Something eludes me because surely can monitor, but not as ...: _ (
Someone gives me a hand?

Thank you

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
Re: Recon
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:39:18 AM »
Hello ellistar,

You would need to have a modules template with the proper modules you need. You can take a look at the "module templates" section, and if you need to create more components (modules by default/saved modules), you can do it from "Network components", "Local components", etc. sections.

Kind regards,
Antonio.

Offline ellistar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:13:32 AM »
Thanks for your reply antonio, but in  Pandora 6 I can't find the section "local components"
About the module templates, i just edited a couple of, and there is no problem to do that, but,..
It's weird because on the list of modules to choose there are a lot of modules, but any module is categorized as linux systems!!
Almost every machine that I need to monitor are linux OS.
Any idea?

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 03:44:43 AM »
Ellistar,

Keep in mind that you can edit the "components" and templates, but you won't be able to use "local components" (local execution modules) just by running a recon, since local modules require a software agent installed. Recon tasks can only apply module templates with remote checks, so if you need to monitor disks/volumes you would need to use SNMP remote checks. Otherwise you would need to install a software agent.

Kind regards,
Antonio.