Here are some suggestions for improving the Schedule Downtime capability and user experience, based on v5.0SP1 - Build PC131117:
1. Add or move Schedule Downtime to the Operations section. This is an operations function, not really an administrative function. Currently I am having to open up the user profile for operators that schedule downtime to include Administrative functions. Not a good situation.
2. In help for scheduled downtime, add a description of 'Type'. In particular, I am not understanding what 'Quiet' means. The others are self explanatory.
3. In the second page of the scheduled downtime there is a help popup on 'Available Modules' that states: 'Only quiet type in modules'. I do not understand what this means. Clarification needed.
4. In the modules list the top item is 'Any'. I suggest renaming this to 'All'. This applies to many other list selections across Pandora FMS, by the way.
5. Once a module has been selected for the list, there is the capability to add additional modules. (Nice addition!) However, the top element is None. If selected it give a message to select a module. This is not very useful item in the list. Instead, I suggest removing 'None' and replacing it with 'All'. That would be useful!
6.Regards inconsistency of what is Operations and Administration, under Operations >> Extensions there is the Update Manager to upgrade the console software on the server. This should be under Administration >> Extensions instead, in my opinion. Operations should not be able to upgrade server software.