Hello Guest

Author Topic: Remote Desktop Access using HTML 5  (Read 4691 times)

Offline gmonk63

• View Profile
Remote Desktop Access using HTML 5
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
Maybe you should look into Guacamole 0.80  which similar to ssh gateway allows you RDP/VNC access to remote servers via the HTML 5 capable browser ..

Offline nil

• Administrator
  • Expert member
  • I can see everything... with my glasses :-)
    • View Profile
    • Pandora FMS
Re: Remote Desktop Access using HTML 5
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:40:15 PM »
Maybe you should look into Guacamole 0.80  which similar to ssh gateway allows you RDP/VNC access to remote servers via the HTML 5 capable browser ..

The problem is it uses tomcat behind, that complicate a bit the install, but is a nice idea. Hace you tested / used ?.
-- See you in the other screen.

Offline gmonk63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
Thats true ... I have set it up on a standalone machine for testing purpose and was thinking of trying to integrate it into our Pandora FMS test server since it would be nice to be able to remote access our servers using RDP through a Browser and not have to worry about installing VNC them .... I let you know what the outcome is

Offline nil

• Administrator
  • Expert member
  • I can see everything... with my glasses :-)
    • View Profile
    • Pandora FMS
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »
Thats true ... I have set it up on a standalone machine for testing purpose and was thinking of trying to integrate it into our Pandora FMS test server since it would be nice to be able to remote access our servers using RDP through a Browser and not have to worry about installing VNC them .... I let you know what the outcome is

You can re-use (that means, copy the code with another name and alter the code) of the VNC extension, you can found it in /extensions directory, its php code, but should be easy,
-- See you in the other screen.