Hello Guest

Author Topic: SNMP MIB uploader  (Read 78 times)

Offline solstice

• View Profile
SNMP MIB uploader
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
Going through all the documentation to figure out how pandoraFMS utilizes the MIB files, i am getting stuck.

I got some MIB files from Cisco i would like to tie into pandoraFMS, however it doesn't seem to utilize them. Is there any log files one can check in case cisco's MIB's have errors that don't work with PandoraFMS? It is also not very clear in regards to the documentation, only some hints as to which version is supported. Can we use version 1 or 2 of the MIB files?

What i am trying to test is both for SNMP traps as well as for SNMP discovery of hosts to utilize the SNMP MIB files.

I am utilizing the VM iso provided by PandoraFMS (version 6  rev.170220)

Please let me know

S.

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
Re: SNMP MIB uploader
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:43:53 AM »
Hello solstice,

If you are using the MIB uploader, keep in mind that it only affects to SNMP traps. You can find more information here:
http://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?title=Pandora:Documentation_en:SNMP_traps_Monitoring#Loading_the_MIBs_of_the_Manufacturer

MIBs for snmp for other kind of SNMP checks can be uploaded at: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/
Make sure the permissions are correct, and they should work. I have no knowledge of specific compatibilities with CISCO mibs.

Kind regards,
Antonio.

Offline solstice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:48:36 AM »
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the response and alleviate my confusion. So PandoraFMS supports both SNMP v1 and v2 MIBs?

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 04:36:56 AM »
Hello solstice,

You are welcome :). Yes it does! However if you detect some incorrect behaviour regarding v2 mibs, just let us know here.

Kind regards,
Antonio.