Hello Guest

Author Topic: Completely ignore unknown state for workstations and other part time equipment?  (Read 133 times)

Offline tin

• View Profile
Is there a way to completely ignore specific devices entering the "unknown" state, and not trigger events or grey numbers in the overview screen? I'd still like to know about unknowns for servers and things that are meant to be online 24/7 though.
For example, we have 2 PCs that are used 2 or 3 times a week for a few hours. It would be stupid to leave them on 24/7, but I still need to be warned if they start running out of disk space or have high CPU loads.

What I am trying to avoid is having the overview screen turn into a "boy who cried wolf" situation, where I just ignore any unknown values or red entries in the events list because they're there all the time.

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
Hello tin,

It is not possible to ignore just the unknown status of specific devices. You can disable them but of course you won't receive new information about them and wouldn't be alerted. Anyway if they go unknown, you will only see the "going unknown" event once, but they will remain on the total count.

You can associate alerts only for the critical/warning status tho (not alerting for unknowns) for those devices.

Kind regards,
Antonio.

Offline tin

• View Profile
Yeah. OK.

Is it something that would be considered for the future? I realise is kind of trivial, but it really doesn't look good when you open the console to a sea of red/pink when reality is there's nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline antonio.s

• Administrator
  • Smart member
    • View Profile
Hello tin,

I don't think such feature is currently on the roadmap of the project.

Just as a suggestion, you can put those agents into a different group, so even when in the totals you will see the unknowns, when navigating through the different groups you will see everything on its place.
Also present custom dashboards and visual consoles as a starting page could help.

Kind regards,
Antonio.